God called Heidi to go while she was in Mexico on a short term mission trip with her youthgroup. She was 13 but she remembers distinctly being led by God during a service to tell everyone “I will be a full-time missionary.” She has never swayed from her calling. She has since been on 8 more short-term trips to Central and South America and went to ORU to earn a degree in Missions.
Joel felt called to Missions when he first surrendered to God on a mountaintop in Alaska. He remembers telling God “It is so beautiful and peaceful here. I could stay here alone with You forever.” God replied: “I want you to go where people are to share what I have done in your life.” Joel also felt that God would take him to every continent of the world. Joel has since been on 2 short term trips, one in Cameroon Africa where he felt a burden to return to Africa. Joel met Heidi at ORU while earning a degree in International Business.
From the day we were married in 1998, we have been working to get to the North African Mission field. The goal was to eliminate $60,000+ in school loans. We tithed, gave and budgeted and God blessed. By Feb 2002, we were debt-free and ready to go. We sold our house in Tulsa without ever using a sign. The first person that we mentioned our available house to ended up purchasing it. We moved in with some great friends and packed everything up. All we needed was an agency to go with.
We joined Go To Nations in January 2003 and have been assigned to the African Team. God provides for His calling. He has been faithful in our lives.
- Born 6/26/1975
- Youngest of 2 siblings, a brother Jared and a Sister Rachael
- Parents were missionaries to France (6 years) and pastors (9 years).
- Loves peanut butter and Keith Green
- Born 10/30/19..
- Youngest of 2 sisters, Erika and Brigitta
- Sang for a Christian television show.
- Loves marinated artichoke hearts and American Idol
- Born 5/2/2001
- Came to Burkina when he was only 2 years old.
- Can beat his dad at most video games.
- Loves his Omy’s quesadillas and the A-Team
Silas Wend Kuni:
- Born 5/27/2007
- Was born premature at only 3 lbs 4 oz – he’s caught up now!
- Has impeccable rhythm
- Loves Rice, cabbage and Baby Songs